Archive for February, 2011
By Manaswini Verekar
If Facebook were a country, it would be the 3rd most populated one on the planet. Facebook’s user base has already crossed the 500 million mark and is rapidly growing each day. The social networking site crossed the half-billion user mark, becoming more alluring to marketers that want to reach a broad online audience. Facebook, based in Palo Alto, California, gets a lump sum of its current revenue from advertising. Its customers include big brand names like Coca-Cola Co., JP Morgan Chase & Co., Adidas AG, etc.
The advantage Facebook has over other advertisers is that it has very well profiled data on each of its user. Since users fill in personal information such as relationship status, birth date, location, etc, companies are able to market their products to the target audience without any hassles. More and more people have started treating Facebook as a legitimate part of their lives. This makes corporate companies with agendas, sure of connecting with real people that have genuine interests. For example, Facebook ads were the main factor in play that provided CM Photographic the ability to target the exact demographic needed, which was engaged women aged 24-30 years.
Corporates have even set up Facebook Pages. This is a form of free advertising for them through channels that are already present on the site. For example, any user can ‘Like’ a Page. This update will show on his/her friend’s ‘News Updates’ section and the more people ‘like’ the page the more this will circulate. A company can also use the link button to increase hits on the page. Another form of advertising is creating an event for the company in the already provided platform of Facebook Events. Through such mediums any company can propagate its products or services and also keep a check on its popularity with the users. Companies that have a Page on Facebook also have the prospect of showing social endorsements in their advertising campaigns. Showcasing social support allows these companies to appeal to their audience on an individual note.
A crucial benefit for large companies to advertise on a pavilion such as Facebook is the cost-effectiveness. Being a much cheaper way of advertising, while also reaching the target clientele is obviously a win-win situation for any business. In the current scenario of things, it will come as no surprise if Facebook eventually crosses the one billion users mark and is used not only for personal and social networking, but also as a platform for showcasing talents and career paths for people waiting to be discovered.
With reports of Facebook seeing more traffic than Google, even SEO experts are strongly recommending this medium to get the job done. All you need to do is pick the company’s page name and vanity URL wisely. Plus no company wants to put all their eggs in one marketing basket. Adding content rich social marketing to the mix is essential in this day and age. All you have to be careful about is not stepping on any toes, as Facebook is aggressively protective of its users. Make sure you thoroughly read ‘permission marketing’ to keep safe from getting your account cancelled.
Welcome back to the Zen of SEO, a unique meeting place where the Search for who we are, where we are at, and to where we want to go, is an unending passion. It’s the Search of the human spirit that ‘motivates us’, and what relevance the Search has in our lives that ‘drives us’.
The below posts represents a journey of over 2.5 years. Enjoy!!!
Chapter 1 – Keywords Basics & Advanced
- Mumbai SEO Expert Series – Keywords Part 1
- Mumbai SEO Expert Series – Keywords Part 2
- Mumbai SEO Expert Series – Keywords Part 3
- Mumbai SEO Expert Series – Keywords Part 4
- Mumbai SEO Expert Series – Keywords Part 5
- Keyword Placement Strategy
- Are your keywords attracting window shoppers or prospective buyers?
- SEO Expert Secrets: Going Beyond Keywords
- Seo Expert Secret: The Long Tail of Keywords
- My keywords are hurting my business!
Chapter 2 – Content Matters
- Are you leveraging your content?
- Create new Gateways to Targetted Traffic
- Is Content the King?
- SEO Guide to Article Writing
- What’s in a Title?
- Running out of content ideas for your SEO campaign?
Chapter 3 – Link Building
- Link Me Up Scotty!
- The Link Building Matrix (Reloaded)
- SEO bad links, good links and great links
- How to win at SEO amidst strong competition
- Revisit your Content for Link Building
- How to Earn Natural Links with SEO?
- How “progressive link building” made it to my SEO campaign?
- Why 80 per cent of the links your have built will disappear in 6 months?
- How to use Paid Link Building effectively in your SEO campaign?
- Expert in SEO: Powering external Websites that Power your Website
- Why the “age” of your links is important for SEO
- Do Page Rank 0 sites have any place in link building today?
Chapter 4 – Reputation Management
Chapter 5 – SEO Path to Success
- SEO for the CEO | Why most SEO strategies fail to deliver?
- Why does the SEO process take so long? Expert SEO speaks out
- How to achieve high ranking for any Keyword?
- Turbo-charge your SEO with “campaign worthy” content
- 5 “little known” Keys to Succeed at SEO
- The 6th Key to Succeed at SEO
- Be Consistent, Be Immediate, Be Successful at SEO
- How much time is SEO time?
- The Right SEO Strategy Ahead
- Separating SEO Myths from Reality
- What I have learnt about SEO so far!
- SEO Expert – The Success Path (Part 1)
- SEO Expert – The Success Path (Part 2)
- Is your competition beating you with SEO?
- Fine Tuning SEO for Recession
- Obsessive Ranking Disorder (My Wakeup Call)
- Optimizing your Video Content
- Tag Newsworthy Events for Traffic
- The Soul of the SEO Specilaist
- A SEO Expert thats right for you!
- Journey of SEO
- What NOT to expect from your SEO Expert
- SEO Games VS SEO Game Plan
Chapter 6 – Blogging for Success
- Why Search Engines love Blogs? And so should you!
- My Love and Hate relationship with Blogging
- Why Blogging for Business is here to Stay!
- The Bloggers Guide to Survival
- Get your New Blog Noticed (Part 1)
- Get your New Blog Noticed (Part 2)
- Get your website reviewed by prominent Bloggers
- Leverage by Commenting on Relevant Blogs (Part 1)
- Leverage by Commenting on Relevant Blogs (Part 2)
- Last Blogger Standing
Chapter 7 – Seo Training Videos
Hope you enjoyed reading this.
- Seo Expert Training Video Series | Link Building 1.0
- Seo Expert Training Video Series | Link Building 2.0
- Seo Expert Training Video Series | Link Building 3.0
- SEO Expert Training Video Series Link Building 4.0
- SEO Expert Training Video Series Link Building 5.0
- SEO Expert Training Video Series Link Building 6.0
- SEO Expert Training Video Series Link Building 7.0
- Google SEO Expert Training Video Series Link Building 8.0
- Google SEO Expert Training Video Series Content 1.0
- Google SEO Expert Training Video Series Content 2.0
- Google SEO Expert Training Video Series Optimization 2.0
Top SEO ARTICLES
SEO for the CEO | Why most SEO strategies fail to deliver?
Is your competition beating you with SEO?
Why does the SEO process take so long? Expert SEO speaks out
What NOT to expect from your SEO Expert
Separating SEO Myths from Reality
SEO Expert Training
Learn SEO for FREE
Certified SEO Training Mumbai
The Corporate SEO Strategy Workshop Mumbai
SEO Expert Authors
Complete SEO/SMM Solution
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (5)
- August 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (2)
- October 2012 (5)
- August 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (5)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (4)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (7)
- May 2010 (4)
- April 2010 (10)
- March 2010 (7)
- February 2010 (6)
- January 2010 (1)
- September 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (7)
- June 2009 (2)
- May 2009 (4)
- March 2009 (2)
- February 2009 (6)
- January 2009 (15)
- December 2008 (3)
- November 2008 (11)
- October 2008 (17)
- September 2008 (5)