Archive for the ‘right seo strategy ahead’ Category
In my earlier posts we learnt that “relevancy”, “consistency”, “progression” and “diversity” in your Link Landscape forms a big part of your Link Profile, and these variables are important metrics in the calculation of the link reputation, social reputation and web reputation of your online business.
Last week, I explored 2 advanced link building strategies that I have included in all my future SEO campaigns.
I have come to realize the Right SEO Strategy is a living and breathing strategy that would constantly evolve. The strategies listed in the update (version 2) are the ones I am using successfully to obtain higher rankings for my client’s websites.
So without any further waiting;
Thanks to all the readers who participated by commenting on 5“little known” Keys to Succeed at SEO.
The strategy outlined below works so well that I have decided to include it in my manifesto, The Right SEO Strategy Ahead. For those who are not familiar with the strategies listed in the manifesto, please read it first as it contains the exact strategies I will use to help you succeed in your online business.
Coming back to the topic of this post…
Have you heard the phrase “reference worthy” content? From the SEO perspective, it means creating original, informative and engaging content, and then making that content visible across relevant user, web and social communities with the purpose of attracting traffic and natural links.
The results of this SEO activity if done consistently week after week can dramatically enhance your web, link and social reputation. This in turn influences the search rankings of your select keywords.
In many of my previous posts I have highlighted the importance of creating ‘reference worthy” or “link worthy” content. In this post however, I would like to talk about “turbo charging” your content by making it “campaign worthy”.
So what is “campaign worthy” content?
It is a blog post, an article story, or a video that has the potential for maximum visibility and popularity across social bookmarking and social media sites. By popularity, I mean getting other users to vote, review or thumbs up your content.
Earlier I used to suggest promotion of your content in 10 – 15 social bookmarking sites, and then get 3 to 5 thumbs up from other users for a permanent link. Now this is still a very good SEO strategy you should continue to follow, but how about instead of 3 to 5 thumbs up we try and get 25 to 50 users to vote for your content.
By getting more users to vote for your content, the chances of your story going “hot” in the social communities will increase, and so will the traffic to your website. Search engines rank a page based on the number of quality and relevant links (one of the important metrics) to that page.
If your story goes hot, then more webmasters will link back to your story, increasing the number of natural links to that story page. Also the more hot stories you syndicate, the better will be your social reputation. This in turn will again influence your search rankings.
Ideally you should choose 1 blog post/ article/ video (or create one specifically for this purpose)which you feel has maximum potential to become a “hot story” and then run a campaign across 3 to 4 select social bookmarking sites like Stumble Upon, Digg, YouTube, Mixx for a WEEK.
This week long campaign can have a tripling effect on the traffic numbers on your site for the duration of the campaign.
The number of visitors will dwindle down once the campaign ends, which is why you need to repeat the campaign with new exciting content every month.
The Right SEO Strategy (with Revisions)
Natural Link Building, Social Media & Reputation Management
1. Be consistent in creating unique, compelling and resourceful content in the form of articles/ blog posts – 3 to 4 a WEEK.
2. Be consistent in syndication of the articles to 10 relevant and popular article submissions sites each WEEK.
3. Be consistent in promotion of the same content links across 10 to 15 relevant and popular social bookmarking sites each WEEK.
4. Be consistent in attracting 3 to 5 user thumbs up/ reviews for content posted each WEEK.
5. Be consistent in submitting one blog post/ article/ video to 3 to 4 selected social bookmarking sites and get 25 to 50 votes, reviews or thumbs up for your content. This should be a “week-long” campaign and ideally done ONCE a MONTH.
6. Be consistent in participating in 3 to 4 relevant blogs, by blog commenting and forum postings each WEEK.
7. Every MONTH be consistent in building a few industry specific links, relevant web directory links, 1 or 2 PR releases, etc.
Read more on the Right SEO Strategy Ahead…
Use the expert SEO strategies outlined above and you will be on your way to creating value, building web, link and social reputation, natural links, higher search rankings and traffic.
Why do you need to have an SEO Strategy?
What comes to your mind when you think of SEO; Is it link building, Meta tagging, keywords discovery, higher traffic & conversions, social bookmarking, making money online, social media, article submissions, Twitter, reputation management, web directory submissions, Google, optimization of pages, blogging …
While the SEO process includes all the elements mentioned above, what’s missing in this puzzle is how they all come together as a “focused strategy” to ensure the success of your online business.
Now there are many paths to SEO success, and all may work and show results (some temporarily), so how does one decide what’s the “right strategy” for their business?
The Right SEO Strategy for Your Business:
- Does your SEO strategy make common sense?
- Is it consistent?
- Is it immediate? Syndicate and Promote your Content
- Is it delivering “constant value” for the users?
- Can your SEO strategy be sustained over the lifetime of your business?
- Does it reflect the values and ethics of your organization?
- Identify winning keywords which users are using to reach your website. Check traffic potential and competition of those keywords.
- Finalize on 15 primary keywords with maximum traffic potential.
- Finalize on 12 to 15 secondary keywords and write articles to target those keywords as well as support the primary keywords pages on the website. These are long tail versions of the keywords.
- Start with targeting city centric keywords (seo expert mumbai), and after some success, move to the country centric keywords (seo expert india), and finally global keywords (seo expert).
- Focus your pages i.e. page name, title, description, other relevant Meta tags, and the body content around a specific keyword. What this means is that you create ONE PAGE of content themed AROUND one KEYWORD you want to target, and include the keyword in your page name, title, description, and other relevant Meta tags on that page.
- Identify current site structure, and keyword mapping possibilities.
- Optimize each page of the website. Create better titles, description and tweak other relevant Meta tags for the existing pages.
- Set up Google Local account/ Google maps.
- Set up Google Analytics/ Google Webmaster (if not already done so)
I. Consistent Link Building Strategy
Natural Link Building, Social Media & Reputation Management
- Be consistent in creating unique, compelling and resourceful content in the form of articles/ blog posts – 1 to 2 a WEEK. The article topics will be focused around keywords we want to target.
- Be consistent in building internal links and external links on the article pages. Internal links will be used from within the content to point to (with combinations of anchor text) another page of related information or the primary keyword pages on the website, and external links point out of your domain to other useful sites and resources. In moderation both are useful in determining the PR (Page Rank) of that page.
- Be consistent in syndication of the articles to 15 relevant and popular article submissions sites each WEEK. (Build Author Reputation, Traffic, Natural Links)
- Be consistent in promotion of the same content links across 15 relevant and popular social bookmarking sites each WEEK. (enhance Social Reputation, Traffic, Natural Links)
- Be consistent in attracting 3 to 5 user thumbs up/ reviews for same content each WEEK. (Enhance Social Reputation, Traffic, Natural Links)
- Be consistent in submitting content links to Twitter each WEEK
- Be consistent in participating in 2 to 4 relevant blogs, by blog commenting and forum postings each WEEK. (Natural Links, Website reputation/Page Rank)
- Be consistent in ALL OF THE ABOVE each WEEK
BENEFITS: Enhance Social reputation, Web reputation (Page Rank) and Link reputation (Natural and Diverse links) by participating in relevant social, user and web communities. Increase Traffic. Higher Ranking for your Keywords.
II. Campaign Based Link Building Strategy
- Be consistent in submitting one blog post/ article/ video to ONE selected social bookmarking sites and get 12 to 15 votes, reviews or thumbs up for your content.
- This should be a “week-long” campaign and ideally done ONCE a MONTH.
III. Progressive Link Building Strategy
Note: The links should be a combination of relevant web directory, social links, PR submissions, industry related links, blog links, comments etc.
- Be consistent in building 50 quality links for Month 1
- Be consistent in building 75 quality links for Month 2
- Be consistent in building 100 quality links for Month 3
- Be consistent in building 150 quality links for Month 4
- Be consistent in building 200 quality links for Month 5
- Be consistent in building 300 quality links for Month 6
- Month 7 Onwards we can continue to build 300 quality links each month
- Focus moves to consistent link building and campaign link building strategies
- Be consistent in monitoring site traffic, keywords performance and competition
- Be consistent in sending Report on link submissions (with PR) & traffic analysis report each MONTH
- Be consistent in “adding user value” for the users in way of innovative and entertaining content ideas, quizzes, tools, podcasts and videos.
BENEFITS: Build quality links from diverse web, user and social communities.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES FROM YOUR SEO STRATEGY
- Page #1 results for 70 % of the selected city centric keywords in 4 months
- Page #1 results for 70 % of the selected county centric keywords within 6 months
- Increase Traffic sources from Stumble Upon, Twitter, Article Sites, Social media sites
- Increase traffic from Search engines (Google & Yahoo primarily, MSN)
- Increase conversions to the website & increase ROI
Top SEO ARTICLES
SEO for the CEO | Why most SEO strategies fail to deliver?
Is your competition beating you with SEO?
Why does the SEO process take so long? Expert SEO speaks out
What NOT to expect from your SEO Expert
Separating SEO Myths from Reality
SEO Expert Training
Learn SEO for FREE
Certified SEO Training Mumbai
The Corporate SEO Strategy Workshop Mumbai
SEO Expert Authors
Complete SEO/SMM Solution
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (5)
- August 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (2)
- October 2012 (5)
- August 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (5)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (4)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (2)
- October 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (7)
- May 2010 (4)
- April 2010 (10)
- March 2010 (7)
- February 2010 (6)
- January 2010 (1)
- September 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (7)
- June 2009 (2)
- May 2009 (4)
- March 2009 (2)
- February 2009 (6)
- January 2009 (15)
- December 2008 (3)
- November 2008 (11)
- October 2008 (17)
- September 2008 (5)